24 March 2009

The Morning After . . .

I am really going to miss The Baltimore Spectator. No, not being narcissistic or full myself. No, not at all. You see, ever since my big sister bought me that typewriter when I must have been only about 9 years old, I've been fascinated with writing. We didn't have computers back then, not quite yet. Their becoming commonplace was just around the corner.

For the last three months I have been blessed with the opportunity to sit at a desk (sometimes in a car) and write some words for people to read. Turns out, for tens of thousands of people to read. When the project was started, never in my wildest dreams did I imagine it would have become that popular.

From the City Paper and other established publications placing it on the list of blogs they read and putting up the link on their site allowing others to see, to the people from around the world who came onto the site every single day.

I know at times I seem child like in my wonder and amazement over internet technology, and for this I make no apologies. I've always desired to be able to share stories with people. Since I was nine and I started typing on sheets of paper and sharing them with people. Now, I've lived long enough to see those sheets of paper read by over 100,000 people all over the world. Some of the places where my work was read, I've never even heard of, and I'm pretty good at geography. I'm not a professional journalist or writer. I'm just a man with some words I'd like to share with you.

My own self critique tells me I really need to work on being more brief. To that end, I guess I should wrap this up. Here I am today, no job, no money, no woman, and with all the odds against me. To anyone looking at the totality of my situation, it would appear the writing's on the wall. And perhaps it is. When I go to that trial, having no attorney (too broke) and no longer trusting public defenders (they're too dependent on "the machine"), there is a chance I could lose, and lose big.

Amazing thing about the internet. Check around this blog. Look at some of the other posts on here. The ones that's been here for over a year, yet you never knew of their existence. See, that's the point. No matter what happens to me, with a future uncertain, and the end seeming to be near, my words, they shall live on. Thanks to the internet, they could live forever.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A.F. James MacArthur - 24March2009 - Daddy loves you Selena. Hope one day Isee you again. It's been far too many years. My heart breaks when I think of you everyday. The tears roll from my eyes even now as I type this I'm crying like a baby. Yes, sometimes your dad really cries. My dear sweet child, I'm so sorry I never got to see you grow up. I bet you're so beautiful now. I love you Selena Victoria MacArthur. Hope one day you may see these words and learn the truth about your father.

No comments: