08 July 2009

This Morning’s Message

By A.F. James MacArthur Ph.A.L.
Governments continue only if they are fair. –Proverbs 16:12 (NCV)
In a little while I will be headed back down to the courthouse for another round. Regular readers may have noticed my writing output has significantly decreased. For those close to me, this should come as no surprise. The tremendous weight and pressure that I’ve felt on my shoulders have been a great strain. They’ve tried everything possible to drag me under, surely they must wonder how I’m still standing. As much as my enemies wish to take me down, their efforts have not succeeded. Yes they’ve kicked me, yes they’ve knocked me down, but I continue to get up, and to their dismay, I am still around.
It is my hope to someday soon get back on track and return to a level of productivity that I could be pleased with. As a writer, I have suffered withdrawals from lack of output. The photographer and videographer in me yearns to capture the images all around. The inquisitive investigator that I am has so many questions I intend to ask. As tough as the situation is right now, I know that even this too will pass.
Early this morning while out for a walk. I couldn’t help but reflect on the trials I’ve been through recently, and the anticipated challenges just ahead. Looking forward, I am not afraid facing the future. Seeking strength as I do often from the Holy Scriptures, this morning I was led to passages that were particularly encouraging, and perhaps even prophetic.
I’ve been summoned yet again and my presence is desired to grace the halls of justice so I will not be around today. That means no updates, no new stories, no rants for a while. As I head back down to the court for yet another full day of questioning, interrogation and examination, I leave you with this;
People may make plans in their minds, but only the Lord can make them come true. You may believe you are doing right, but the Lord will judge your reasons. Depend on the Lord in whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. The Lord makes everything go as he pleases. He even prepared a day of disaster for evil people.

No comments: