14 February 2012

Running Down A Dream...

At 3:00 A.M. save for a few early risers, most normal people are fast asleep in bed. During these ultra early morning hours, most normal people are are not up writing blogs about the fantastic workout they just completed that started round midnight. But I'm not normal, the things I want to achieve in life aren't normal.

Right now, the feelings eminating from the very core of my soul are not easily described. Endorphine high? No doubt! But there's more to it than that.

After getting a new gym membership back in November, the first time in years, I've been easing into a gradually increasing routine. Well tonight (or this morning), there's no doubt in my mind, I'M BACK!!!

MIDNIGHT MADNESS

First a warm up road run, then a nice indoor bike ride of nearly an hour. These were the perfect primer needed to attack the weights with fire and intensity.  Pushed my self to new boundaries tonight.

Some years ago, these intense training sessions were routine for me, I was in phenominal shape, looked and felt great, and was excited to take things to the next level. Some where along the journey, life got in the way.

After slacking off quite a bit, getting fat, lazy and outta shape, the inner beast in me had had enough. The time to unleash the giant within has come.

BACK ON THE PROWL

All my life I've been chasing something that I could never quite capture. At times I seemed to have gotten very close to it. I could see it, smell it, taste it, even imagine touching it, but never quite get my hands on it. For several decades, it's remained little more than a dream.

Like a carrot on a stick, the chase has kept me going, moving along steady on the road to be fit for life, and fit to live.

With the help, guidance and grace of God, although the road in front me now seems a bit further, steeper, and more rocky than was been before, my determination is also stronger than ever. I got this!


No comments: