11 January 2008

Just A Test or The Hostile Witnesses (mobile posting)



No really. This is just a test. I'm using my mobile Windows pocket pc device and wanted to see how this comes out. It's similar to a Blackberry. That means every word you read has been typed by my thumbs. On tiny buttons. My big, fat, ape like thumbs. How about that!


On the road right now busting tail as usual. Worked pretty late into the night last night. Had an interesting encounter with two hostile witnesses.

Apparently the husband and wife couple were being quite evasive for some time. When I got the case there were all kinds of warnings and caution attached to the info sheet. I had a sinking feeling in my gut as I read them. Oh Lord, the guy's an attorney too. GREAT! My favorite people to deal with. Last time I had to serve a warrant on an attorney I was sued and ended up in the Washington Post. Not good.

Needless to say I was quite apprehensive about this one. Evidently, several others had tried with no success in locating these hostile witnesses. The first lead I had, their gven work address, was totally fake and non existant. I was sternly warned by my case manager to not attempt to serve them at their house. An address we were unsure of and only had some unconfirmed leads on. So what do you think I did? You got it! Somehow I don't imagine that at 8:00 Pm, while having dinner, I'm the guy that you won't popping in as an unannounced guest. Oh well!

The looks on their faces were priceless as I stood in the open doorway of the large surburban home. Resistance was minimal, as is usually the case in my experience. To make a long story short, I was in and out, got the job done, nobody got hurt. Not bad for a case I only worked on for less than a day. Mission accomplished! Another succesful snatch! (now does the title of my upcoming book make more sense?)



There'll be more where this came from, now that the retirement's officially over. Thank you for reading.


~~APOLLOS

No comments: