26 March 2009

Why We're Losing The War On Crime - Part 1

Irony At The Mitchell Courthouse

UPDATE: 1729 - Got a call from murder victim Martie Williams Jr.'s family. Funeral is tomorrow ;-( I spoke at length to Martie's dad a week prior to his killing. Martie was shot in the head while waiting to play a video game. I broke the story in great detail on my former news site The Baltimore Spectator ( VIDEO - Behind The Scenes Of A Murder/Family Reaction To Martie Williams Shooting).

UPDATE: 1659 - While writing this story, the Baltimore Police via twitter text to my cell phone informs;
SHOOTING: 732 W. North Ave-Adult male shot multiple times. Police investigating, PIO on scene (damn it! will it ever stop?) <--cops did not say this I promptly retweet to my rapidly expanding list of twitfols © (I made that up AND trademarked it today ;-), as in twitter followers)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I had to do my twice weekly check in at the court house. Doing court reporting now you wonder? No. Apparently the Baltimore City criminal justice system thinks I'm a criminal. They think I need to be monitored closely by the court system. Wonder who was monitoring Martie's killers, or Ric's or any of the other people connected to me that have been killed??? Speaking of monitoring, where's my witness protection? Guess in a town like this, it's not really needed. What could possibly go wrong?

As my private volunteer bodyguard (no thanks to the government, they don't think I need one) gets waved through security after flashing his police ID, I go through the metal detectors to get searched. Now seriously folks, do you see even the teeniest bit of irony here? Keep reading . . .

So when I was arrested for armed defense against two thugs in the middle of the night. Without firing a single shot mind you. You can understand the irony. A reminder. There are people out there who have killed. They know, that I know, they did it. While I won't rehash the already oft told story, I'll briefly summarize for my new readers, but I'll also give a bit more background. Follow closely, I promise this will blow you away (no pun intended).

Violence Follows On The Mean Streets Of Baltimore

On a late night late last year, I stepped out my door to find two "burglers" fully involved in my car. The guys were both inside, frantically digging and rooting. It was surreal as I stood there on my porch looking down at them. In my previous career (more on that later) I learned a thing or two about crime and how it's done, and something was VERY strange about these two.

1) Car thieves rarely operate in pairs

2) When criminals work in pairs, usually one is a lookout, THESE GUYS WERE BOTH IN THE CAR, NO ONE LOOKING

3) I was stupid enough to leave some fairly hot on the street valuables, laying around in the car. These two mensa graduates (seriously, they went to city schools you know) totally overlooked them, GPS, handheld hi-intensity spotlight, etc.

It was rather obvious to me besides the fact of it being 3:00AM and these two jackasses were in my car, this was no ordinary car break in. I stood there a few more moments in utter shock watching as they really just did a number to the ultra neat and organized, formerly pristinely picked up interior of my whip (that's car for you old heads).

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

to be continued . . .


No comments: