26 May 2009

Assault On The Top Cop!

Today on the Baltimore Spectator, I wrote a piece directly attack Baltimore Police Commissioner Frederick Bealefeld III. In the piece I address his lack of outrage and effort in ridding the department of corrupt cops. You can read it here.

Ok, so I know some of you have been telling me to lay low, and stay quiet, but you know that just ain't me. Besides that, if my time here really is limited, they're gonna get rid of me anyway. Might as well let loose while I can. If silence is golden, pontification must be platinum. Which is worth more?

Right now I am so disgusted by the needless suffering I have seen by my brothers and sisters in Baltimore at the hands of crooked cops. Not necessary the police in general, but there are so many dirty ones, sometimes it seems as if the department is corrupt. Maybe it is! Naw, just kidding.

Problem is though, the good ones don't do enough to out the bad ones. By their silence and inaction, many of the honest are criminally complicit. When your a law enforcer, and your co-workers are running around abusing innocent people and violating their civil rights, your silence and inaction is criminal. You have failed in your duty to act. You have violated your oath to protect and serve. Sadly, many good cops cover for bad cops and hide them behind the thin blue line.

Personally, I've been kicked around (literally and figuratively) a few too many times to just stand by a be silent. No way, no how. God gave me a voice and I'm gonna raise it. The internet gave me a platform and I'm gonna stand on it.

In closing, to those who are so sick and tired of what I say and what I do, guess what? I'm sick and tired of being on the receiving end of your uncivilized, unconstitutional, unethical, immoral, illegal abuse of power!

No comments: