24 May 2009

An Update On Where I Stand

The amount of new readers to my little blog has been a bit surprising. Honestly. Never did I expect so many, from different places around to the world to care one bit about what I have to say here. This place is pretty casual. Just one man, and his various talks on a menagerie of topics.

When I first started this, it's purpose was fairly simple. Lacking ambition or any delusions of importance, I simply wanted a place to record some of my thoughts in a readily accessible format. Having lost several paper diaries before, and having cried profusely when some of my computers crashed and I lost all data, I quickly fell in love with the idea of being able to write and have it stored remotely, in a secure manner. This way one day, even my long lost daughter Selena will have a better idea who her dad was. Now, when my computer is stolen (happened a few times), or I can't find my diary, I can always come here.

Many of you know of the epic struggle I've been striving with. Most recently, my adversaries have stepped up their methods and made the fight much more personal. The attempts to damage me, my reputation, and my means and ability to be a productive effective citizen have taken on an increased intensity.

Despite the rumors, and false accusations, some of you have truly stuck by me and was there when I needed a friend. Others have abandoned my side. Some who I spoke to almost daily are now no where to be found. It's ok, I understand there is a lot of fear in the air, especially when it comes to me.

Today I stand here in perpetual gratitude and indebtedness to all who have shown support to me beyond measure. Truly the times have been difficult, but with your support and God's grace, my spirit remains strong. I cannot say enough, THANK YOU! Those who wish to silence me have been shown it's not as easy as they thought.

God isn't finished with me. My work in this place is not yet over. Until then, nothing can stop me. I will PRESS ON!

No comments: