23 March 2015

Season Milestone Achieved! -- Exceeded 10,000 Meters Rowed In One Day

Today was particularly exciting for me as we began the second week of the month long World Erg Challenge indoor rowing tournament. For the first time in over a year, I exceeded 10,000 meters in a day.

Actually completed 12,000 meters today. That's about 7.5 miles!

That moved me up to position 8 out of 34 members on the team. The ones ahead of me should serve as inspiration to anyone. 

Of the seven, one is age 76, another is 61, there's also a 59 year old. These guys are beating me! Simply amazing!

Really excited to be back in the challenge this year. My body has adjusted well after the first week. Although the sessions are still grueling, I'm handling it relatively well. Although I did have a mild calf cramp today though. Nothing a little bit of foam rolling didn't help.

Current standings: 

Team Navy -- 22 out of 163 teams (a few new entrants have come along)



Personal position: #8, with 47,353 M total so far.

No comments: